My 10-Minute Beauty Routine + Sephora Beauty Insider Sale
Today, I’m answering many of your questions about my everyday makeup routine! I love a simple and easy beauty routine + one that takes 10 minutes or less! What are my secrets to everyday makeup? Keep reading to find out + my recommendations from the Sephora VIB Beauty Insider Sale (I shopped it early as a VIB Rouge status!) with beauty gift ideas for the holidays!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; full disclosures HERE. This means, purchasing an item through one of my links may earn me a small commission without affecting your own purchase. Thank you for supporting Petite Style Script & helping it continue as an educational resource.
Outfit Details: Lace Top XS (exact); Skirt (similar); Similar Work Outfits on WORK TAB
Shop the Post (click image):
Before my Everyday Makeup:
Let me take a moment to remind you of the importance of skin health before our everyday makeup routines! I’ve written several times about my skin care health and How I Cleared my Skin. Don’t skip this step in your everyday skin health and beauty routine – it’s very important and saving one minute by skipping skin health is NOT worth it long-term!
My 10-Minute Beauty Routine:
I’ve had the same or nearly similar 10-minute beauty routine for a few years now. I’ve switched out a few products here or there but I’m very brand loyal and once I find a product I love I stick with it. Let me outline what I use and the order I use it in…
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer (exact)
- Naked Eye Shadows (favorite new palette here) – first swipe on ivory color all over the lid, then follow with a neutral tone on lid up to crease
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero Black (exact) – I usually put this on first before I place my liquid eyeliner on – helps me guide the liquid one on better and more accurately
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler (exact with replacement pads) – my favorite curler + I wash it weekly with my makeup brushes & replace the curler pads every 6 months
- Stila Stay-all Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black (exact) – my favorite for staying put all day long even when I wore contacts before my LASIK eye surgery in 2016
- Cane+Austin Prime & Protect SPF 50 (exact) – I love this primer. I’ve tried several and this one helps with my T-zone and prevents me from touching up during the day with oil in these areas – I place only on my T-zone and not all over my face
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (exact) – I love to swipe this on under my eyes before my concealer to hydrate the area (my Dermalogica eye cream is a different texture and better for nighttime hydration)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard (exact) – I love this concealer for my under eye area. I think it’s more hygienic to purchase the mini size so you change the tube more frequently and prevent bacteria from building up (my healthcare OCD side shining through here!)
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer (old version) or Diorskin Nude Air Foundation in 021 Linen (exact) – I wear tinted moisturizer 90% of the time and yes, I still own the old Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil-free version that I stock-piled a couple years ago! The Dior gives me more coverage for special occasions.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder (exact) – I love this powder and it comes in mini sizes to travel with (or place in your purse if you touch up during the day which I never do)
- Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Natural (exact) – I’ve used Bobbi Brown’s blush and bronzer for 10+ years and absolutely LOVE it. I also blend the bronzer through my neck because I never tan my face or neck area and may need to even out my skin tone during summer months.
- Bobbi Brown Blush in Nude Peach (exact)
- Benefit Gimme Brow Gel in Medium (exact) – I fell in love with this product last year and it’s the easiest and most natural looking way to fill in my Chinese-American eyebrows! Again, I prefer the mini size to change the tube more frequently and prevent it from drying out
- Dior Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer (exact) – I found this years ago and can’t use mascara without it – it helps add volume to my Chinese-American lashes + keep my mascara in place all day long
- Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara in Jet Black (exact)
- Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Rose (exact) – This is hands down my favorite “chapstick” or lip treatment! It’s the most popular color and I literally keep a stick in all my purses and office desks for handy use!
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Tulip, Wildflower or Bare Pink (exact) – I first was introduced to these lip glosses in the mini sets and absolutely LOVE the texture and color of them. I’m finally upgrading to full-size tubes after finishing up mini sizes the last 2 years. Honestly, I terrible at remembering to apply them throughout the day…
As you can see I like to finish off my look with mascara and lip gloss. It may look like many steps but I get this routine done in 6-8 minutes on a typical day. The longest step is definitely my eyes – I’m not good at blending shadows or getting the perfect eyeliner look.
Don’t forget beauty hygiene – wash your makeup brushes weekly! I wrote about this topic last year – find it here and wash your brushes with my favorite product here.
Sephora’s Annual Sale!
Sephora’s Annual Beauty Insider Sale is going on now! I joined Sephora‘s rewards program several years ago and love the benefits. There are different tiers within the system and I’m currently a VIB Rouge (top tier) and was able to shop their 20% annual sale early last week. But don’t worry, there are plenty of items still in stock and ready for holiday gifting season!
Honestly, I use this annual sale to stock-up on all my beauty products for the rest of the year! Yes, I said the entire year. Why? Because who sees a 20% discount on beauty products very often? This is a special sale that I want to take advantage of and then forget about running out of a product 9 months from now!
My Holiday Beauty Recommendations:
Don’t forget that I have a GIFT tab above that you can always browse. I’ll be adding more items as I see them and as things go in and out of stock. Stay tuned and start browsing today for the special people in your life!
I picked up a few beauty gifts for the holidays. They are perfect stocking stuffers, white elephant gifts, and Secret Santa exchange gifts!
Click Image to Shop:
Best Lips: Fresh Sugar Lip Set or Nars Lip Pencil with Pencil Sharpener
Brushes: Travel Set or Regular Set
Thank you for reading! My goal is to reach 1,000 more women by the end of 2017. Help me achieve this goal. Share this post using the teal buttons.
Follow my updates on Social Media & Subscribe to Emails
Twitter | Facebook Page | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest
Follow my blog with Bloglovin